We seem to have a little bit of a spike in traffic today. A lot of that is for our Princess Bubblegum und Fascism podcast episode. I want to just fill the newcomers in on what this is all about and what’s coming down the road with the next few episodes.
Canelli and I started this site to
- motivate ourselves to write more, and
- explore the meanings behind some of our favorite cartoons (or whatever else strikes our fancy) along the way.
We plan to roll through each season of Adventure Time, hitting the episodes we think are the most interesting (and don’t include Tree Trunks or Lumpy Space Princess). Right now we’re working through season one. But we also hit on other things: video games, literature, movies, and current events. So, if you came here for Adventure Time, awesome!, but we’d like for you to stay and sample some of our other wares as well. We feel like it’s all awesome and interconnected, so why not, right?
Canelli was in Baltimore this past weekend, and we’ve got the next three episodes already recorded. Our schedule going forward for the rest of February:
- Episode 07: the RFP show at EMP Collective here in Baltimore (and some Space Team action)
- Episode 08: Adventure Time episodes Business Time and City of Thieves (marxism and sex!)
- Episode 09: Broad City, Inside Amy Schumer, and why old white guys at the NY Times don’t know shit about what’s real in this country
We’re excited to have you all listen to us pontificate on these topics, and we’d love for any feedback and interaction. Man, this is all about getting to know the world we live in, consciously and subconsciously. So snap into a Slim Jim!