SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT–sorry, wrong episode. In today’s podcast episode we take a minor diversion to cover the impossibly-awesome Rick and Morty season 2 episode, The Ricks Must Be Crazy. What started as a simple question for Fuller–“Why did Rick pose as an alien when he visited the microverse he’d created?–turned into a 55 minute conversation about the importance of finding meaning in one’s existence immediately after finding out your universe is used as a battery for another universe that is in turn being used as a battery for yet another universe. Oh man.
Here’s some other stuff we talked about.
- Guy Fawkes Day
- Strange Projections Episode 32
- Masters of the Universe
- How Did This Get Made podcast about Masters of the Universe
- Nassim Taleb’s The Black Swan (as covered in episode 09)
- Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
- Can a perfect being create something imperfect?
- Community, season six
- Keith David
- Fight Club: “unique snowflake” quote
- The Charmery
- Pulp Fiction: “My girlfriend’s a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian.”
- Teen Turbo
Also, check out the AV Club review of this episode for a take on the morality in this episode. It’s a pretty good review that gets at the heart of what we talked about, but from a different angle.