I’m on the home stretch now: just ten more books to read!
Here’s what I did in July:
- Al Franken’s Giant of the Senate
- Alissa Nutting’s Tampa
- Drew Magary’s The Hike
- Wells Tower’s Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned
Here are the books in my book journal that weren’t complete as of 1 July 2017:
- John Dryden (translator) Plutarch’s Lives, Vol I (started 6 Jan 2017)
- Võ Nguyên Giáp’s People’s War People’s Army (started 11 Feb 2017)
- Rebecca Skloot (editor) The Best American Science and Nature Writing, 2015 (started 19 Feb 2017)
- William S. Burroughs Naked Lunch (started 19 March 2017)
- Phong Nguyen’s Pages from the Textbook of Alternative History (started 19 May 2017)
- Michael Chabon’s Moonglow (started 2 July 2017)
I’m about a third of the way through Moonglow, which is a better than usual reading rate for me when it comes to Chabon. Once I’ve got that one done, it’s kind of up in the air. I will still get around to reading The Iliad, The Odyssey, and Moby Dick, but I think I need to get some sleep first.