47 books down, five to go. And with four months to do it, I think I can just take my time on this one. Here’s what I did in August:
- Michael Chabon’s Moonglow
- James Baldwin’s The Fire Next Time
- Hamish Steele’s Pantheon
- Italo Svevo’s Zeno’s Conscience
- Alan Moore and David Lloyd’s V For Vendetta
Here are the books in my book journal that weren’t complete as of 1 September 2017:
- John Dryden (translator) Plutarch’s Lives, Vol I (started 6 Jan 2017)
- Võ Nguyên Giáp’s People’s War People’s Army (started 11 Feb 2017)
- Rebecca Skloot (editor) The Best American Science and Nature Writing, 2015 (started 19 Feb 2017)
- William S. Burroughs Naked Lunch (started 19 March 2017)
- Phong Nguyen’s Pages from the Textbook of Alternative History (started 19 May 2017)
Note that I went ahead and included V For Vendetta in August because why the hell not.
So what’s next? Well, I do have to slow down a bit because the semester has started back up and I’ve got a ton of short stories to read for my final workshop. Plus there’s the writing I’m going to need to get back into. But I will say I’ve already broken into Extinction and Radiation. I felt the need for a little nonfiction to balance the fiction.